Trusted Healthcare in Northeast Georgia for Nearly 100 Years
Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center is a 360-bed acute care non-profit hospital and regional referral center serving a 17-county service area in northeast Georgia. We offer a Level 2 Trauma Center and Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, four urgent care centers, and an extensive network of respected physicians, surgeons and specialists.
Founded by physicians in 1919 as a community hospital, Athens Regional became part of Piedmont Healthcare on Oct. 1, 2016 – expanding quality health services to our community. Proud to be recognized among the TOP 100 in the nation in hospitals preferred by women and on U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals list.
- Located in Athens-Clarke County
- Staffed by more than 3300 employees including physicians and healthcare professionals
- 24-hour emergency services plus all major medical, surgical and diagnostic care, including:
- Heart Care
- Cancer Care and Support Services
- Breast Health Center
- Home Health
- Wound & Hyperbaric Center
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Care
- Orthopedic Care
- Rehabilitation & Therapy Services
- Neurology Services
- Women’s Care including Midwifery Services
- Surgery Services
- Counties we serve: Athens-Clarke, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Madison, Jackson, Barrow, Walton, Morgan, Greene, Taliaferro, Wilkes, Elbert, Hart, Franklin, Banks, Stephens and Habersham
The mission of Piedmont Athens Regional is to improve the lives and health of those we touch. As the second largest employer in the region, Piedmont Athens Regional contributes more than $800 million dollars annually to the economy and has earned national recognition for patient experience and comprehensive care.
Not only has Piedmont Athens Regional been chosen as the sole Georgia affiliate for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta but has recently been selected to be the Official Healthcare Provider for the University of Georgia Athletic Association.
*Piedmont Athens complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.