Piedmont Cancer Center provides an opportunity to take stress out of your cancer journey at a time when you need to focus your energy on treatment, recovery and survivorship. The Patient Navigator team knows a cancer diagnosis is frightening and overwhelming, and we are committed to doing we what can to lessen your fears and empower you to take charge of your health.
Piedmont Patient Navigators are specially trained oncology nurses who help sort through your needs and provide you and your family with education and support, helpful information about hospital services and community resources, and serve as a liaison between you and your health care team.
There are multiple ways of successfully treating this disease, but that means there's more information for you to understand. Navigators help by explaining things in ways they can be easily understood, and help you determine what questions to ask your doctors.
Patient Navigators Help You and Your Family with:
- Understanding your cancer and the treatment plan your physician prescribed
- Communicating with your doctor and health care team
- Identifying questions to ask your health care professional
- Connecting you to Piedmont care providers
- Linking you to cancer resources and services at the hospital and in the community
- Coordinating and scheduling appointments
- Finding help with transportation and lodging
- Getting answers to financial and insurance questions
Our Patient Navigators provide personalized, compassionate care throughout your entire journey and are available to you at no charge. We encourage you to call us with your questions and to learn more about your cancer, and the treatments and services available to you.
For more information, contact the closest Patient Navigator near you.
Piedmont Atlanta | Arrington Leitch, RN at 404.425.7920
Piedmont Fayette | Elaine Harbin, RN at 770.719.6098
Piedmont Henry | Karen Bouwman, RN at 678.604.5984
Piedmont Newnan | Stephanie Martin, RN at 678.378.0316
Lung Cancer | Anita Smith, RN at 404.425.7915
Piedmont Brain Tumor Center | Freda Wall, PA at 404.605.2890