Specialty : Behavioral Health
Requisition ID : 1101435/924292
Oversight and management of a psychiatric inpatient, outpatient and consult practice within Behavioral Health. The medical director plays a pivotal role in ensuring the delivery of high- quality care to patients with mental health and behavioral health issues while also maintaining the facility’s compliance with all necessary regulations and standards, as well as for shaping the strategic direction of the facility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate from accredited medical school with completion of residency program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of five (3-5) years recent experience in oversight of psychiatric programing
Administrative or leadership experience, ideally in a behavioral health inpatient setting
Strong knowledge of mental health and addiction treatment, including evidence-based practices
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Medical Degree (MD) with a board certification of psychiatry, active medical license and the ability to practice medicine in the facilities jurisdiction.
1. Directs all clinical oversight
• Provides clinical leadership and supervision to the psychiatric and medical staff
• Ensure that patient care meets or exceeds industry standards and best practice
• Review and approve treatment plans, medications, and interventions
• Contributes to the development and implementation of treatment protocols and guidelines
2. Administrative Duties:
• Participate in the development and management of the facilities budget
• Collaborate with the administrative team to set and achieve strategic goals and objectives
• Oversee the scheduling of medical staff and ensure adequate coverage
3. Quality Assurance:
• Establish and maintain quality assurance programs to monitor and improve patient care
• Implement and enforce policies and procedures related to patient safety and quality of care
• Review and analyze data related to patient outcomes and make recommendations for improvement
4. Staff Development:
• Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate medical and psychiatric staff
• Provide guidance and mentorship to staff members to enhance their clinical skills
• Ensure staff compliance with relevant licensing and accreditations requirements.
5. Interdisciplinary Collaboration:
• Collaborate with all team members within behavioral health program to coordinate patient care.
• Communicate effectively with other healthcare providers and community resources to support patient treatment and aftercare.
6. Regulatory Compliance:
• Stay informed about and ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as accreditation standards for behavioral health facilities.
7. Patient Advocacy:
• Advocate for patients’ rights and ensure that their needs are addressed in the treatment process.
• Address patient and family concerns and complaints as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and accreditation standards
- Dedication to patient car, safety, and the improvement of services
- Continuing education and professional development to stay current with evolving practices in behavioral health
- Proficient in windows-based computer software
- Ability to work as a member of a team and maintain/facilitate daily department/office and patient work flow
- Ability to travel to Piedmont system locations as needed for onsite work
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.