Specialty : Primary Care
Sub-Specialty : Family Medicine
Requisition ID : 1106907
Piedmont Columbus Regional Family Medicine Residency Program in Columbus, Georgia is recruiting a full-time core faculty member to join our residency to fill an immediate opening. The Family Medicine Residency is a 12-12-12 stand-alone community-based program. The residency is sponsored by Piedmont Columbus Regional Midtown, a 583-bed tertiary care center that is a Level 2 trauma center, has a Level 3 NICU and high-risk obstetrics program. The hospital serves as a referral center for a 50-mile radius in west-central Georgia. The program has affiliations with numerous medical schools.
- Family Medicine Board Certification (American Board of Family Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice)
- Possess or obtain an unrestricted Georgia medical license
- Two years of clinical patient care experience preferred. Will consider younger promising faculty.
- Provide comprehensive hospital care of patients to include newborns, children and adults
- 70% administrative/academic and 30% clinical time
- Mentor and supervise residents, small and large group teaching, teach medical students
- EPIC electronic medical record system wide
- Very competitive base salary plus incentive bonus
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- 403(b) and 457 plans with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
About Piedmont Healthcare
Piedmont Columbus Regional is part of Piedmont Healthcare’s integrated system of 15 hospitals. Our system in Columbus is comprised of two hospitals and a cancer center, serving a radius of more than 14 counties. The Midtown Campus is home to the Family Medicine residency. It is a 583-bed hospital and functions as a Level 2 Trauma Center with the region’s only Children’s Hospital including a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Neuroscience Center of Excellence, and a newly renovated Emergency and Trauma Center. Piedmont’s system-wide EMR system is EPIC. Our Northside Campus is a 100-bed, general acute care hospital that is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding clinical quality, accompanied by the highest levels of customer service. Northside has opened a 12,000 square foot Emergency Department with 10 patient rooms and plans for expansion. The John B. Amos Cancer Center is the only oncology center in the area to offer a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary program accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. The 107,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility employs 8 hematologist oncologists, radiation oncologists, 2 breast surgeons, a thoracic surgeon, 2 GYN Oncologists, and additional support staff. If you're looking to join a physician-led community that is
making a huge difference in healthcare, Piedmont Columbus is the place for you.
In 2019, Forbes listed us as one of the Top10 Employers in Georgia, Piedmont became Great Place to Work-Certified™, which was repeated in 2020. In the fiscal year 2019, Piedmont provided $340 million in uncompensated care and community benefit programming to the communities we serve.
About Columbus, Georgia
Columbus is spirited, friendly, and courageous. For thrill-seekers, nature-lovers, art aficionados, foodies, history buffs, or a mix of each, Columbus invites you to go all out! Nowhere else can you raft or kayak the white waters of the Chattahoochee River, zip line between states, visit world-class museums, dine at top-flight restaurants, catch a Broadway-series play, and then groove to live music into the night. Visit military museums and historic homes, from an authentically recreated World War II Company Street to the home of the “Mother of the Blues,” Gertrude “Ma” Rainey. Stroll or roll along Columbus’ Chattahoochee River Walk. Watch as yellow rafts plunge through the spray along the longest urban whitewater course in the world while other folks leisurely paddle in the river’s flat-water areas. A few streets over from the River Walk, locally-owned stores, and boutiques welcome shoppers who enjoy the city’s easily walkable shopping districts. In the evening, enjoy a free outdoor concert in Uptown, a musical at the RiverCenter, or the latest production at the Springer Opera House. Columbus is a very livable city with affordable housing, excellent schools, and southern hospitality!
Why Y’all will Love Columbus, Georgia!
- Within two hours of metropolitan Atlanta and proximity to Florida beaches, North Georgia mountain and local lakes
- Urban Whitewater course named one of "Today's Top Adventures in the World" by USA Today
- Chicago Tribune named Columbus Coolest Cat in Georgia
- Historical downtown with vibrant cultural, fine arts, and music scene
- Consistently ranked in the top three Elementary schools and High schools in the state of Georgia by SchoolDigger.com
- Home to Columbus State University, part of the University System of Georgia system