Registered Nurse Residency Programs
We pride ourselves in offering quality education and a nurturing environment for the new graduate transitioning from the role of student nurse to the role of registered nurse, and for the experienced nurse entering a new clinical specialty. Please visit our careers page and search RN Residency to apply.
Piedmont Healthcare offers RN residency programs in the following areas:
- Acute Care (Medical-Surgical): Atlanta, Fayette, Henry, Mountainside and Newnan (9 weeks)
- Cardiovascular Progressive Care/Telemetry: Atlanta ONLY (9 to 12 weeks)
- Progressive Care/Intermediate Care: Henry (9 to 12 weeks)
- Critical Care: Atlanta and Henry (13 to 16 weeks)
- Emergency Department: Atlanta, Fayette, Henry and Newnan (13 weeks)
- Labor & Delivery, Mother-Baby and NICU: Atlanta, Fayette, Henry and Newnan (9 to 13 weeks)
- Perioperative: Atlanta ONLY (24 weeks)
- Transplant: Atlanta ONLY (13 weeks)
In addition to a one-on-one clinical preceptorship with an experienced registered nurse, our nurse residents participate in classes on critical thinking effective communication, and time management. Nurse residents will be given the opportunity to shadow other departments during their residencies. The departments chosen for shadowing depend on the area where the resident will be working and what interests the resident. Depending on the program, nurse residents will complete online education.
Please note that residency programs are opened based on vacant positions within the departments. This means not all programs will open at every start date listed below.
The interviewing process includes a panel interview.
Piedmont Healthcare RN Residency Criteria
- Current unrestricted Georgia RN licensure (you may apply to the program before you are licensed, but must be licensed before you can start in the program)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN degree preferred
- Clear criminal background check
- Clear health screen
Piedmont Healthcare RN Residency 2015 Start Dates:
- August 2015
- November 2015 (based on needs)
- Applications open 1 to 2 months prior to the start dates. Application information will be posted on this site when it is available.
Piedmont Healthcare RN Residency Contact Information:
If you need more information about the program, send an e-mail to nursing.Development@piedmont.org