Atlanta, Ga. (May 2, 2012) – U.S. News & World Report recently named 50 physicians who are affiliated with Piedmont Healthcare as top doctors in the region and nation.
Of these, seven were designated among the top one percent in the nation for his or her specialty. They are:
- Victor Corrigan, M.D., general cardiologist
- Winston Gandy, Jr., M.D., general cardiologist
- Regis Haid, Jr., M.D., neurosurgeon
- David Kandzari, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- Jeffrey Korotkin, M.D., perinatologist
- William Knopf, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- Bhagat Reddy, M.D., interventional cardiologist
- David Tanner, M.D., allergist-immunologist
- Richard Weil, M.D., pediatrician
- Randy Yanda, M.D., gastroenterologist
The remaining 40 physicians were named among the top 10 percent in the region.
“These doctors have gone above and beyond to earn this distinction,” said Tim Stack, president and CEO of Piedmont Healthcare. “They challenge themselves and one another to be the best they can be and we’re proud to have them on the Piedmont team.”
According to U.S. News & World Report, there are 477 physicians in Georgia listed as top doctors. All the physicians named to this list were selected based on a peer nomination process.
To find more about how these physicians were named top doctors or to see the complete list of top doctors in the state of Georgia, visit: http://health.usnews.com/top-doctors.
For more information about Piedmont Healthcare or to see a list of all 50 Piedmont doctors named by U.S. News & World Report, visit piedmont.org.