Piedmont Newnan Visitor Information
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Visitations are permitted in 30 minute intervals at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Children under the age of twelve will not be permitted in patient rooms. Visitation may be altered depending upon the patient's condition and needed care.
As the patient's well-being is our primary concern, visitation hours and accommodations are defined by patient needs; in some instances the hospital may restrict patient access to visitors based on reasonable clinical needs. Piedmont Newnan Hospital ensures equal visitation rights for all hospital patients in order to protect our patients' rights to choose their own visitors during a hospital stay, as well as the right to withdraw consent at any time. Piedmont Newnan Hospital defines “family” as follows: “Family” means any person(s) who plays a significant role in an individual’s life. This may include a person(s) not legally related to the individual. This person(s) is often referred to as a surrogate decision maker if authorized to make care decisions for the individual should he or she lose decision-making capacity. This includes spouses, significant others and same-sex domestic partners as well as a minor patient's parents, regardless of the gender of either parent.
Although the lobby doors are unlocked at 6 a.m., we ask that visitors keep in mind our hospital's morning routine of physician rounding before office hours and wait until 9:30 or 10 a.m. to begin visitation. Visiting hours end at 9:00 p.m.
To encourage healing and rest, direct phone calls to patient rooms are not connected by our switchboard between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Additionally, signs are posted on each nursing unit during quiet times to remind our staff and visitors that silent hospitals help healing.
For infection control purposes, appropriate attire is required for all people in the hospital - this means that visitors must wear shirts and shoes while on hospital grounds. If not dressed appropriately, visitors will be asked to either wait in the lobby or to go home.
For the health and safety of our patients and visitors during the flu season, visitation is limited. We request that no one under the age of 18 should enter unless you are seeking treatment. Pregnant women should not enter unless you are seeking treatment. Please limit visitors/caregivers to two people per patient.
Visitation Rules are as follows:
- ICU - visitations are permitted in 30 minute intervals at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Children under the age of twelve will not be permitted in patient rooms. Visitation may be altered depending upon the patient's condition and needed care.
- Emergency Department - visitation is limited to one person per patient after the completion of the initial patient assessment.
- Labor and Delivery - patients may have two visitors in the room at a time; children under the age of 14 will not be permitted unless under supervision of parent(s).
- In all other Nursing Units, the number of visitors in a patient room is dependent upon room size and patient condition; we recommend no more than two visitors at a time (special allowances made per nurse discretion). When the patient's condition is terminal, continuous presence at the bedside is permitted.
- All overnight visitors must be approved by nursing; overnight visitors in semi-private rooms must be the same gender as the patient.
Learn more to make your visit convenient and pleasant