Interventional Cardiology Program
For many cardiac patients, therapeutic treatments - like drugs or other non-invasive therapies – simply aren’t enough. For these patients, Piedmont Heart Interventional Cardiology can deliver proven, minimally-invasive treatments to help stop heart disease progression – as well as reverse and heal damage already done.
We take a multidisciplinary approach to interventional cardiology, with an experienced team that offers expert treatment of a range of cardiac conditions, including chronic total coronary occlusions, left main disease and advanced coronary disease.
We use the latest diagnostic tools and technologies to help identify and diagnose heart issues.
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Myocardial Biopsy
- Blood tests
- Stress test
- CT scan
At Piedmont Heart, patients have access to leading-edge treatment options that may not exist elsewhere, including percutaneous left ventricular support. In addition, our interventional teams work hand in hand with our cardiac surgical teams, to develop treatment plans best for every patient we treat.
- No tobacco
- Exercise & follow a healthy diet
- Manage diabetes
- Manage blood pressure and cholesterol
- Manage stress
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Continuous monitoring of the heart and vital signs
- Intravenous therapy - nitroglycerin, morphine
- Oxygen therapy - to improve oxygenation to the damaged heart muscle
- Fibrinolytic therapy - intravenous infusion of a medication which dissolves the blood clot, thus, restoring blood flow
- Antithrombin/antiplatelet therapy - used to prevent further blood clotting
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Percutaneous left ventricular support
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Adult congenital heart disease closure devices